Home insurance protects one of your most important investments.
Home owners insurance covers property damage and personal property.
What does homeowners insurance cover?
Permanent property damage
This includes damages that affect that actual construction of your home. These damages can be caused by but are not limited to:
- Water / Rain
- Other natural disasters
This applies to your belongings within your home; whether they are damaged or stolen:
Mobile property such as cellphones, tablets and laptops should be discussed with our agents in order to be covered under a special category.
Cash, jewelry and precious metals
These kinds of belognings fall under a special category of property insurance.
We will be more than happy to assist you with insuring these valuable assets.
* Pricing for homeowners insurance varies depending on the value of your home and personal property within the home. See scenario below.
John Smith has a home in Cuenca. His home is mainly built from brick and is less than 10 years old.
John and his family want to insure their home and their personal property. They do not have jewelry or fine art to include in their insurance plan.
John’s house is valued at $100,000 acording to a market study.
His personal belonings including computers, TVs, washer, dryer, etc. is valued at $20,000.
Total insured values
- $100,000 home.
- $20,000 personal property.
- $10,000 personal property in the case of burglery. (In the case of burglery, the value insured is always half of the total value of personal property).
- Up to $5,000 in the case of an accidental death on John’s property.
- Up to $1,000 in medical expenses in the case of an accident on John’s property.
- Up to $500 in other expenses due to an accident or funeral expenses in the case of a death.
- Up to $100 in ambulance expenses.
Total monthly cost: $26.30
*Most insurance companies require minimum monthly payments of $50 resulting in 6 monthly payments versus 12.